Steel Industries began operations in Papua New Guinea 48 years ago and we have come a long way in that time, particularly the last 10 years. We are just about to complete an extension to our existing fabrication workshop which will increase our covered working area by about 600 sqm to over 2500 square metres. The new area will be serviced by an overhead crane and will coincide with the arrival of new machinery that will continue to increase the overall capacity of the workshop.
New equipment includes:
• Press Brake – 176 tonne capacity press to fold heavy steel up to 3.2m wide
• Pan Brake – suitable for folding up to 4mm mild steel plate and 2mm stainless steel up to 2.5m wide
• Plate Roller – 3.2m wide and can roll up to 6mm plate
• Bandsaw – High capacity, twin column mitre bandsaw (capacity 700x440mm)
• An additional lathe, pipe bender and threading machine
Two other significant investments that have served us well over the last couple of years are our Water Jet Cutting Machine and FrameCAD Light Gauge Steel Framing machine.
It is an exciting time at Steel Industries and we look forward to working with you in the future!